Monday, August 18, 2008

Olympics

Last night, while Jeff was working and Samantha was already in bed, and I told Christian that I wanted to watch the Olympics. They have been talking about it at Preschool, and he even won a gold medal (as did everyone else) for basketball. I thought he would be thrilled to watch the real Olympics, and I was excited to finally see some gymnastics (my favorite part of the Summer Olympics). Unfortunately, he immediately started arguing. "I don't like the Olympics!" I told him that it was gymnastics, and he might like it. "I don't like gymnastics."
"Do you even know what gymnastics is?"
"Yep, it's water volleyball."
"Um, no. Just watch."
The arguments continued, and he was mid-sentence, "I don't like..." just as the first men's floor routine started. He was immediately mesmerized, and exclaimed, "WOW - that's AWESOME!!!" He was hooked for the remainder of the men's floor routines. Yep, sometimes Mom is right.

No comments: