Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Countdown

Kindergarten starts in 20 days! I am officially a wreck. Everything related to school is causing me great panic. Most notably, I am terrified of the school bus. Not so much the bus itself (although those horror stories of kids getting run over are haunting me!), but more the idea of transition times. I'm sure that the students will all be well supervised, but I still worry. What if he gets on the wrong bus? What if he gets off at the wrong stop? This is such torture.

On a separate, but related note: why does a kindergartener need artist quality colored pencils? The school supply list was mostly reasonable - the usual Crayola crayons and markers, Elmer's glue, 2-pocket folders, #2 pencils... BUT, then there is the gem: Prang brand 7-inch, 3.3mm, artist quality colored pencils. These pencils are nowhere to be found - Target, Walgreens, CVS, Cub, K-Mart, Creative Kidstuff, Office Max, Office Depot...nowhere. I can purchase them direct from the manufacturer, but the shipping on the $3 box of pencils is $8! My mom was going to check a specialty art store by her house, so here's hoping that she found them! Who knew that colored pencils could cause so much stress?

1 comment:

B Haack said...

How can your child become an artist without artist quality pencils? Surely you didn't get him plain old markers and crayons did you?