I've been thinking a lot lately about God's plan for us. It's funny how things that seemed negative at the time, in hindsight happened exactly how and when they were supposed to. Exactly one year ago, we sadly removed our house from the market after it failed to sell. We had big plans to move into a bigger home with 3 bedrooms on one level in the "right" school district. When our house didn't sell, it seemed that dream was gone. And it was, but that dream would have been all wrong for our family - I can see that now. In February, we found out that Christian got into our first choice school - the one that we thought was impossible for him to get into if we remained in our current home (because, up until this year, Riverview was full and there were no spaces available to out-of-district families). Had we moved, we wouldn't have even applied to Riverview. And because Christian got in, all of his siblings are also guaranteed a spot there through 5th grade. In April, I unexpectedly became pregnant. Had we moved, we would have purchased a 3 bedroom home, and our idea of the "perfect" house has changed now. Also, had we moved, our family would have been completely dependent upon both of our incomes. Because we haven't, it is a very real possibility that I will be able to resign from my job or take an extended leave of absence to spend time with the children. When Christian was accepted to Riverview, he was enrolled in the standard every-other-day program (Tues/Thurs/every other Fri). It was too late to enroll in the all-day-every-day program, as it was already full with in-district students. We were put on the waiting list, but did not get in. At the time, that seemed like a negative - I had hoped to work 5 days a week, but only during school hours so that I could be home before and after school. Now that I'm hoping to stay at home, I much prefer having Christian home with me 2 days a week for another year. Even if I do return to work after the baby, daycare for an infant will be much cheaper 3 days a week than 5. And I was even able to rearrange my work schedule so that I work the same days that Christian is in school, thus reducing our daycare costs and increasing the amount of time that I get to spend with him. When I look at the events that have transpired over the past year, all of which have been out of my control, I can't help but believe that God has a bigger plan for us. All of the pieces have fallen into place, the stars have aligned, and even things that seemed wrong at the time have proven to be the best possible outcome. I am so blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment