A few little anecdotes for your enjoyment:
On Saturday, Alex & I went to buy flowers. I wanted to go to Linder's flower mart - for those of you not in the Twin Cities, Linder's is a local nursery, and they set up tent "flower marts" in about 50 grocery store parking lots around the city. They had their flowers marked at 50% off, and I knew they would be closing soon. When we got there, the tent was completely gone. I said, "Oh no! It's gone!"
Alex: "That ok, Mommy. We can buy more at the store."
Me: "No, honey, the store is gone."
Alex: (incredulous): "No Mommy... stores no have feet!"
Later...
In the car, Alex said something funny (which I have now forgotten). I chuckled and said, "You're funny." She replied, "Yeah, I cute too."
We had some visitors on Saturday morning. My cousin Beth, her husband Jason, and their little girl Layla came to play for a bit before heading North to see her parents. Layla is 6 months younger than Alex, so I feared there would be sharing issues. But Alex was pleased to show off her toys. At one point, Christian picked up a toy that Layla had been playing with a few minutes earlier. Alex loudly reprimanded him, got the toy away from him, and handed it to Layla saying, "Here you go, little one."
On Saturday, Alex & I went to buy flowers. I wanted to go to Linder's flower mart - for those of you not in the Twin Cities, Linder's is a local nursery, and they set up tent "flower marts" in about 50 grocery store parking lots around the city. They had their flowers marked at 50% off, and I knew they would be closing soon. When we got there, the tent was completely gone. I said, "Oh no! It's gone!"
Alex: "That ok, Mommy. We can buy more at the store."
Me: "No, honey, the store is gone."
Alex: (incredulous): "No Mommy... stores no have feet!"
Later...
In the car, Alex said something funny (which I have now forgotten). I chuckled and said, "You're funny." She replied, "Yeah, I cute too."
We had some visitors on Saturday morning. My cousin Beth, her husband Jason, and their little girl Layla came to play for a bit before heading North to see her parents. Layla is 6 months younger than Alex, so I feared there would be sharing issues. But Alex was pleased to show off her toys. At one point, Christian picked up a toy that Layla had been playing with a few minutes earlier. Alex loudly reprimanded him, got the toy away from him, and handed it to Layla saying, "Here you go, little one."
1 comment:
What a cute little 2 year old!
Post a Comment