Well, it is fall, the kids have been back in school for a month, and our calendar is quickly filling up! We got excellent news tonight that Christian made the Lego League team at school! This is the first year that they've offered Lego League, so they decided to limit participants to eight (8!!!) across 300 students grades 4-6. We were sure that 4th graders wouldn't make the team, but I got an email tonight that he's in! So, with this latest development, our calendar looks something like this:
We'll be rather busy! The good news is that boy & girl scouts aren't every week, but are three times a month, alternating Tuesdays and Thursdays, plus occasional Saturday activities. Be on the lookout for popcorn & wreath sales (boy scouts) soon, and cookie sales (girl scouts) in the Spring!
In addition, I have volunteered to help with the Vote No campaign from now through the election. If you're unfamiliar with this campaign, Minnesotans will be asked to vote for or against a state constitutional amendment to limit the definition of marriage to between one man and one woman. I feel very strongly about this issue, and I will be campaigning with Minnesotans United for All Families in the hopes that we can block this amendment. My volunteer efforts will primarily be cold calling people, which is very far outside of my comfort zone. But in church last Sunday, in a somewhat unrelated sermon, the pastor said that we all must force ourselves out of the comfort of the sanctuary and into the uncomfortable places where the battle may be won. I realized that, in 50 years, I want to be able to tell my grandchildren not only that I witnessed this important time, but that I was out in the trenches, fighting. That I had a part, no matter how small, in changing history.
Monday
|
Christian Lego League
|
Tuesday
|
Samantha dance
Samantha girl scouts
Christian boy scouts
|
Wednesday
|
Alex dance
Christian & Samantha Christmas program practice
|
Thursday
|
Samantha girl scouts
Christian boy scouts
|
Saturday
|
Samantha girl scouts
Christian boy scouts
|
We'll be rather busy! The good news is that boy & girl scouts aren't every week, but are three times a month, alternating Tuesdays and Thursdays, plus occasional Saturday activities. Be on the lookout for popcorn & wreath sales (boy scouts) soon, and cookie sales (girl scouts) in the Spring!
In addition, I have volunteered to help with the Vote No campaign from now through the election. If you're unfamiliar with this campaign, Minnesotans will be asked to vote for or against a state constitutional amendment to limit the definition of marriage to between one man and one woman. I feel very strongly about this issue, and I will be campaigning with Minnesotans United for All Families in the hopes that we can block this amendment. My volunteer efforts will primarily be cold calling people, which is very far outside of my comfort zone. But in church last Sunday, in a somewhat unrelated sermon, the pastor said that we all must force ourselves out of the comfort of the sanctuary and into the uncomfortable places where the battle may be won. I realized that, in 50 years, I want to be able to tell my grandchildren not only that I witnessed this important time, but that I was out in the trenches, fighting. That I had a part, no matter how small, in changing history.
No comments:
Post a Comment