This is a picture of the inside of my office doors. See the little black spot above and to the right of the left doorknob?
No? Here, let me get a little closer.
Me: "Samantha? Can you come in here please?"
Samantha: "Yes, Mommy?"
Me: "Did you get marker on my door?"
Samantha: "...it was an accident."
Me: "Oh, did you have the cap off the marker and accidentally bump into the door?"
Samantha: "Yes. I'm sorry."
Me: "Ok honey. Let's be careful in the future not to walk around with the cap off."
"Ok, so that explains that," I thought. "But wait...that's an awfully curly accidental smudge. Let me get a little closer."
You may want to click on the picture now to see it larger, so you can get the full effect. Go ahead, I'll wait for you to come back.
Me: "Samantha, did you write an 'S' on my door?"
Samantha: "No, it's a smiley face. With pig tails."
Me: "But it was an accident?"
Samantha: "Yes. Sorry."
Better? Good. So one day last week, as I was sitting at my desk, I noticed this little black spot. "Hmmm," I said to myself, "What is that?" As I got a little closer, I realized it was marker.
Me: "Samantha? Can you come in here please?"
Samantha: "Yes, Mommy?"
Me: "Did you get marker on my door?"
Samantha: "...it was an accident."
Me: "Oh, did you have the cap off the marker and accidentally bump into the door?"
Samantha: "Yes. I'm sorry."
Me: "Ok honey. Let's be careful in the future not to walk around with the cap off."
"Ok, so that explains that," I thought. "But wait...that's an awfully curly accidental smudge. Let me get a little closer."
You may want to click on the picture now to see it larger, so you can get the full effect. Go ahead, I'll wait for you to come back.
Me: "Samantha, did you write an 'S' on my door?"
Samantha: "No, it's a smiley face. With pig tails."
Me: "But it was an accident?"
Samantha: "Yes. Sorry."
2 comments:
Love it.. well, not that you have marker on your door, but that it was such a specified accident! :)
Her creativity cannot be contained!!
Post a Comment