Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Breakthrough?

This may be premature, but I think Christian might have had a breakthrough with reading. Two nights ago, he read a few sentences to his Daddy. Admittedly, they were all the same structure (I like to...) and the fourth word in each sentence was also depicted in the picture on the page. Still - it is definitely progress! Since then, he has made amazing progress with his sight words (funny how much it helps to make homework a game -- I made cards out of his sight words and we played memory), this morning he suddenly knew how to spell our last name, and then - miracle of miracles! - he read 2 pages out of a book at the library today! I nearly cried. I'm sure that we'll still have setbacks on this road to literacy, but I am feeling a thousand times more hopeful now!

2 comments:

Brenda said...

Congratulations and good work, teacher-mom!

B Haack said...

Awesome!!!!