I left Jeff in charge of all 3 kids for about 15 minutes this afternoon while I ran to Subway. When I left, Alex was sleeping in her bassinet, Jeff was assembling the bunk beds in Christian's new basement bedroom, and the baby monitor was on. The big kids were "helping" Dad. When I arrived home, all 3 kids were sitting together on the living room couch, and Alex was crying. Christian said, "Mom, we have a problem here. Baby won't stop crying." "Where's Daddy?" I asked, and at that moment, Jeff came upstairs. It turns out that when they heard Alex cry on the baby monitor, Jeff asked Christian to go check on her. In adult-speak, that meant put her pacifier back in her mouth. In kid-speak, it meant pick her up, carry her into the living room, and hold her until Mommy comes home. She was completely fine, and he even supported her head as her carried her. As scared as we were of what could have happened, how could we be mad at him? He was just trying to help. Next time we'll be more clear in our directions.
1 comment:
Cute! I knew after reading the first line that I needed to read it out loud!
What a good helper!
Post a Comment