Wednesday, September 3, 2008

First Day of School

Yesterday was Christian's first day of kindergarten. My baby is a big boy now! He had an absolutely FANTASTIC day!!! It was MUCH harder on Mommy than on him. He was a bit nervous, especially at the bus stop (me too), and was disappointed 5 seconds after we got to the bus stop because he hadn't made any new friends yet. But before we knew it, the bus came, and he was off without a second glance! Good thing, since I was crying. I can't tell you what it feels like to watch a giant yellow school bus drive off with your heart. We drove over to school with the intent of meeting him as he got off the bus and walking him to class. Apparently he is the last stop, and they are very efficient -- by the time we got there, he was already settled in his classroom! He was reading in the Book Nook, and didn't even flinch when we left. I picked him up at the bus stop after school, and he was grinning from ear to ear! Other than one fairly minor glitch (ok, major for me, minor for him -- they refused him lunch! Miscommunication over hot lunch vs. snack in an insulated lunch box... talked to the principal and she apologized), he had a wonderful day. He checked out a book from the media center, "did science" with butterflies, got to be the Teacher's Helper, and I think is shaping up to be the class clown. He danced in front of the whole class and told jokes that made everyone laugh. I think that's a good position for him, as long as he keeps it appropriate and remains respectful. He can't wait to go back tomorrow, and I couldn't be happier!
Click to play First Day of School
Create your own postcard - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox postcard

2 comments:

B Haack said...

What a cute mantage! You planned that really well.

He's so grown up!

MJ said...

Uncle Tim says..."Oh my gosh! I love his shirt! Good choice for the first day of school!"